Founder & President
Dr. Joseph Nii Aryee Ankrah, Founder and President, FGSI
The prime passion and ministry focus of Dr. Joseph Nii Aryee Ankrah is to inspire, equip, and raise a new generation of Christians whose chief aim in life is to know God and become God’s agents of influence in their world.
Joseph has been on mission with God since 1991 when he was called into full time ministry. For twenty years he worked as a missionary through Youth With A Mission (YWAM). From 1994 to 2010 he taught “Knowing God” and “Fulfilling Your God-given Purpose” in the Discipleship Training School in Ghana, which had students coming from all over the world.
He led the School of Church Planting and Leadership from 1995 – 2000, and also pioneered and led YWAM’s School of Communication Foundations in West Africa from 2001 – 2010.
Internationally, he served on the eight-member International Leadership Committee of the Faculty of Communication of YWAM’s global university, University of the Nations, from 2004 – 2006.
As a gifted and anointed preacher, teacher, author, church planter, pastor, spiritual leader, and mentor, Joseph Ankrah has organized seminars, taught, and preached on a wide range of topics in several contexts over the years. Some of the contexts include:
- Orthodox, Pentecostal, Charismatic, and Independent Christian church services
- Church-based discipleship training programs
- Church convention services
- Youth conferences, retreats, and workshops
- Time with Christian groups in educational institutions.
Books he has authored include the following:
- The Highest Priority in Life
- The Power of Knowing God
- Hindrances to Knowing God
- Understanding what it means to Know God
- Pressing On to Know God
- Who is God?
- How to Live Victoriously, as you press on to know God
- Global Intercession Manual
Joseph Ankrah has travelled widely around the world and his ministry has impacted and blessed not only Africans but also Europeans, North Americans, Central Americans, Asians, Australians, and people from the Pacific Islands. Places he has travelled to include Togo, Cote d’Ivoire, Benin, Nigeria, Gabon, South Africa, Switzerland, Germany, USA, Hawaii, Barbados, Puerto-Rico, Curacao, Scotland, and more than 40 major cities, towns, and villages in England.
Dr. Joseph Ankrah is a product of Mfantsipim School, University of Ghana, University of the Nations, and holds a Doctor of Divinity degree from Master’s International University of Divinity, Indiana USA.
Joseph Ankrah and his wife Betty live in Tema, Ghana, with their three lovely children: Joy, Beauty, and Praise-Joel.
More about Dr Joseph Nii Aryee Ankrah
- Joseph Nii Aryee Ankrah grew up in the church of Pentecost where he caught the vision and passion for knowing God
- He was a participant at the inauguration of Pentecost Students and Associates (PENSA) in 1980 in Kumasi, at the Prempeh College assembly hall
- He wrote an article about the inauguration of PENSA, which was published in the Pentecost Fire, the official magazine of the Church of Pentecost
- He was a founding member, an active participant, and a deacon of the English Assembly at Tema Community 4, which is now named Pentecost International Worship Center (PIWC) Community 7, Tema.
- Joseph Ankrah was a member of Legon Pentecostal Union (LPU) at the University of Ghana in the early 80s, and wrote an article entitled “The Secret Behind His Manner”, which was published in the maiden edition of the LPU Magazine in 1986
- He was the founder and leader of “Shekinah Glory”, a youth evangelistic gospel music band, in the church of Pentecost in Tema, which was vibrant and was one of the groups in the forefront of gospel music in the Church in the 80s and early 90s.
- Joseph Ankrah joined Youth With A Mission (YWAM) in 1991; and he played a leading role in several city-wide Spiritual Leadership Conferences in Tema organized by YWAM
- He played a pioneering and leading role in church planting efforts in the Central Region of Ghana by YWAM, which has resulted in the establishment of several churches in many towns and villages of the Region.
- In 2007 Joseph Ankrah was an African representative on the March Of The Abolitionists (MOTA) in England, organized by Lifeline Expedition, as part of activities marking the bicentennial anniversary of the Abolishing of the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade.