Living in the presence of God
And the LORD said unto Moses, come up to Me into the mount, and be there: and Moses went up, and his minister Joshua; and Moses went up into the mount of God… and a cloud covered the mount. And the glory of the LORD abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it… And the sight of the glory of the LORD was like devouring fire on the top of the mount in the eyes of the children of Israel. And Moses went into the midst of the cloud, and gat Him up into the mount: and Moses was in the mount forty days and forty nights. (Exodus 24: 12 – 18)
God called Moses to come up and meet with Him at the top of the mountain. Moses complied. He went up to meet with God, and He was there for forty days and forty nights. Moses had the opportunity of enjoying the cloud, the glory and presence of God for as long as He was with God on the mountain. It was a great and wonderful experience! In the same way, as Christians called into fellowship with Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 1: 9), God extends an invitation to every one of us to come up into His presence and enjoy deep intimacy with Him.
Brother Lawrence who lived from 1614 to 1691, and served as a lay brother in a Carmelite monastery in Paris, is an example worth emulating. He learned the art of living in the presence of God throughout the day.
Though during his life much of his time was spent serving others, the wisdom he gleaned from being with God throughout each day has been inspiring Christians for more than three hundred (300) years after his death.
His letters and discussions with peers were later, after his death, complied into the now Christian classic entitled, “The Practice of the Presence of God.”
If we are going to make any difference for God, we need to learn the art of living in the presence of God throughout the day.
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO LIVE IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD THROUGHOUT THE DAY?
You live in the presence of God throughout the day by:
- Reading the Bible
- Meditating on the Holy Scriptures
- Memorizing the word of God
- Praying in tongues
- Praying with your understanding
- Praying the Scriptures
- Declaring Scriptures
- Waiting in silence to hear God’s voice
As you do these things committedly and continuously you spiritually get to that point where the presence of God becomes real to you, like:
- WATER – You swim in it
- AIR – You inhale it
- FIRE – You are refined by it
- POWER – You are touched by it
- JOY – You are filled with it
- WIND – You submit to it and it carries you
- RADAR – You are led and guided by it
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF LIVING IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD?
- WHEN YOU SWIM IN THE WATER OF HIS PRESENCE
You are hidden, shielded, and protected from Satanic, demonic and spiritual attacks
- WHEN YOU INHALE THE AIR OF HIS PRESENCE
You are filled with His Spirit, His life, His divine nature, His divine virtues; and you live a divine life
- WHEN YOU ARE REFINED IN THE FIRE OF HIS PRESENCE
Your life and character becomes glorious. You shine forth the glory of God wherever you are
- WHEN YOU ARE TOUCHED WITH THE POWER OF HIS PRESENCE
You become charged with divine power. Divine power runs through you like the way electric current runs through electric cables. You transmit divine power to others.
- WHEN YOU ARE FILLED WITH THE JOY OF HIS PRESENCE
Your life is overtaken with divine joy, which is joy that overcomes challenges and vicissitudes of life. You have an inner joy that makes you remain strong in the face of adversity.
- WHEN YOU SUBMIT TO THE WIND OF HIS PRESENCE
God’s Spirit carries you to the location and places divinely chosen for the fulfilment of your destiny, and there, God works through you mightily.
- WHEN YOU SUBMIT TO THE RADAR OF HIS PRESENCE
God’s Spirit searches, locates, and tracks for you things and entities that you are unable to search, locate, track, and deal with:
– Principalities and powers of darkness deployed against you are located and dealt with
– Forces of darkness holding back your blessings are tracked down and cleared out of your way
– Agents of the devil disguised as good entities hiding in your life and ministries are exposed and rooted out
– The resources you require to fulfill your God-given purpose are located for you, and you are led to take possession of them
Author: Rev. Dr. Joseph Nii Aryee Ankrah